This training is targeted to the various relevant areas of your organisation
Failure to properly collect, handle and protect people’s personal information can put businesses at considerable financial and reputational risk. The Australian Privacy Principles impose strict requirements on businesses, and all staff need to be adequately trained to meet these requirements.
This suite of seven courses covers all the areas of Australian privacy law that are likely to be encountered in a financial services business. Staff in different areas will focus on different aspects of privacy and this training is designed to allow L&D teams to target learning to the appropriate staff teams. The lessons provide scenarios on each topic. These practical examples illustrate the sorts of customer interaction that staff can expect on a daily basis.
Data breaches involving personal information may be prevented through effective training and enhanced systems, analysis of the first 12 months of mandatory notifications reveals.
Our report shows a clear trend towards the human factor in data breaches — so training and supporting your people and improving processes and technology are critical to keeping customers’ personal information safe.
– Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Report 13 May 2019
We keep our training up to date so that you don’t have to worry about your compliance with the latest developments.
In December 2022 the Australian Government, in response to the Optus data breach and others, passed the Privacy Legislation Amendment (Enforcement and Other Measures) Act 2022, which introduced major financial penalties for both individuals and organisations in relation to privacy breaches. Some penalties are now 20 times as large as they were before – or more.
The new law also significantly expands the Australian Information Commissioner’s powers.
Our training reflects this new legislation.
Who should do this training?
The course is suitable for all staff who handle personal information. Moreover, all staff, including directors and senior managers, should
be familiar with the introductory material in course one: Overview of Privacy Regulation.
GRC Solutions also offers online compliance training in Credit Reporting – see below.
- Module one: Overview of Privacy Regulation
- Module two: Collecting Personal Information
- Module three: Dealing with Personal Information (Use andDisclosure)
- Module four: Access and Correction
- Module five: Mandatory Breach Reporting
- Module six: Handling Privacy Complaints
- Module seven: Overview of the Australian Privacy Principles (for Supervisors)
Do you have a policy or process, or some subject-matter expertise that you would like to add to this course?
Talk to us about ways we can quickly tailor the course to suit your needs.
Buy this Course
For more information on other GRC Solutions' Privacy for Financial Services – Australia Resources:
- Privacy – Covering the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles
- Privacy for Schools – Covering the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles as they apply to schools
- Health Privacy – Health businesses collect and maintain sensitive personal information
Australia – Financial Services
- Credit Reporting – covering the Credit Reporting Act
- Privacy – New Zealand – covering privacy in New Zealand under the 2020 updates to the law
- General Data Protection Regulation – covering the GDPR – which has global implications
- Data Protection Singapore – covering the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and also the implications of the GDPR
- Data Protection Malaysia – covering the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and also the implications of the GDPR