This course provides training on handling personal data and on personal data protection in Singapore or of people in Singapore
Dealing with personal information
Privacy relates to any personal data – whether true or not – that can identify us. We share personal data every day: in emails, text messages, photos, videos, credit cards and online banking. Modern technology has made it easy to send and store personal data. Businesses need to ensure their staff understand what is required of them when dealing with individuals’ personal information.
The Personal Data Protection Act, Singapore (PDPA) is a law that sets out the rules for handling personal data. It establishes open and fair processes for how organisations collect, use and disclose personal data, including data about their customers. Under the PDPA, any personal data stored by an organisation must be kept accurate, up-to-date and secure. The PDPA also gives individuals the right to access any personal data held about them and to ask for it to be corrected if it is wrong.
The PDPA applies to all individuals, companies, associations or bodies of persons, incorporated or unincorporated whether located in or outside Singapore.
Who should do this training?
This course is designed to cater for a diverse audience and different levels of staff in plain English. If your organisation has any specific data privacy requirements, this course can be customised to your individual needs.
Check our latest article about “Changes to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act – why they matter to you“.
- Module 1: Personal Data Protection
- Module 2: Personal Data Protection (advanced)
- Module 3: Do Not Call – your rights and responsibilities (for sales and marketing staff)
- Module 4: Preventing and responding to data breaches
- Module 5: Data security while working from home, off-site and in the office
Do you have a policy or process, or some subject-matter expertise that you would like to add to this course?
Talk to us about ways we can quickly tailor the course to suit your needs.
For more information on other GRC Solutions' Personal Data Protection – Singapore Resources:
- Privacy – Covering the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles
- Privacy for Schools – Covering the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles as they apply to schools
- Health Privacy – Health businesses collect and maintain sensitive personal information
Australia – Financial Services
- Financial Services Privacy Training – covering the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles
- Credit Reporting – covering the Credit Reporting Act
- Privacy – New Zealand – covering privacy in New Zealand under the 2020 updates to the law
- General Data Protection Regulation – covering the GDPR – which has global implications
- Data Protection Malaysia – covering the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and also the implications of the GDPR