Implementing ESG principles in organisations
ESG (Environment, Society and Governance) encourages organisations to act responsibly on environmental and social issues in the way they operate and do business. Underpinned by effective governance, this course illuminates the benefits of ESG – not only for businesses, investors, and consumers, but also for the planet and broader society.
This is an informative three-module course which provides a unique opportunity for organisations to upskill and enhance their employees’ understandings of ESG.
Framing the issue of climate change as a corporate concern, Module 1 will increase understandings of how organisations can ensure their operations are environmentally friendly. Module 2 will illuminate the role organisations play in creating a more equal society. The challenges of modern slavery, indigenous engagement and geopolitics are conveyed in an informative and effective manner, prompting learners to reflect on the importance of social governance.
Concluding with Module 3, this module will enhance employees’ knowledge of the least understood yet most important dimension of ESG – governance. Learners will understand how different features of organisations can promote good governance.
Who should do this training?
This course is designed for all employees and employers alike. ESG is only effective when it is implemented by diverse stakeholders across entire supply chains. Boards of directors, managers, and employees all have a part to play in ensuring an organisation is sustainable, equitable and promotes good governance.
Related GRC Solutions Resources
Custom Course – due to the specific environmental requirements of this course, you may need a customised version to suit your business or your industry. We are able to do that quickly and economically – contact us to discuss.
Module 1: Environmental Standards (for managers and general staff)
- Defining ESG
- Common criteria for environmental screening
- Environmental threats that inform environmental standards
- Greenwashing and other concerns
Module 2: Social Standards (for managers and general staff)
- Principles of human rights, equity, and diversity and inclusion
- Social impacts relating to modern slavery, indigenous engagement and geopolitics
- Key approaches to labour, employee health and wellbeing, and philanthropy
Module 3: Governance Standards (For managers and general staff)
- How effective governance underpins strong social and environmental performance
- Capabilities a board of directors requires to implement effective ESG strategies
- Steps for creating a risk management framework to support good governance
Do you have a policy or process, or some subject-matter expertise that you would like to add to this course?
Talk to us about ways we can quickly tailor the course to suit your needs.